Mechanical Engineering continues to be one of the most pioneering branches of core engineering studies in the world. Over the years, it has strengthened itself with the study and use of latest technologies and innovations. It has always been an evergreen branch of engineering, one which offers numerous job opportunities to students in all the industrial segments which are considered to be the most stable job-generators in the corporate world.
Mechanical Engineering Department was established in the year 2008. Our faculty members are intellectual leaders in their respective fields of research, and we offer our students the opportunity to work one-to-one with the faculty in advancing the frontiers of knowledge.
We were ready for the Mechanical Engineering course with well equipped laboratories and workshops. The department is committed to the well being and all round development of its students by providing a stimulating environment for the healthy development and free exchange of ideas. Our aim is to prepare students to become top-notch Mechanical Engineers with thorough knowledge both in theory as well as practical skills. We prepare them with the objective of fulfilling the needs of leading positions in industry, academia and government sectors in India and abroad.
- Intake Capacity: 60
- Affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT)
Approved by All India Council of Technical Education [80% students are admitted from WBJEE, 10% from JEE (MAIN), 10% from Management Quota + 3 students are from TFW Quota]
- Additional 6 Students can be admitted in 3rd Semester through JELET (Lateral Entry Admission).
For eligibility criteria in B.Tech and B.Tech Lateral entry scheme : click here
To be recognized as a center of excellence in mechanical engineering education and research to cater industrial and social needs.
- To provide the students with fundamental knowledge in mechanical engineering discipline.
- To develop core competencies in solving complex problems of mechanical and allied engineering disciplines.
- To provide the graduates with profound theoretical and practical exposures to bridge the gap between educational theory and industrial practices through collaborative events with industry, laboratory classes and training programmes.
- To instill desire and ability of lifelong learning and professional developments through self study and continuous education to enable the graduates to meet changing societal demands for sustainable development.
- To build improved team building, team working, communication and leadership skills with high regard to ethical values.
: The Graduates of Mechanical Engineering Programme will develop solution of complex engineering problems related to the society in their profession and career.
: The Graduates of Mechanical Engineering Programme will pursue continuing education.
: The Graduates of Mechanical Engineering Programme will demonstrate and exemplify team work and ethical practices in their career.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of science and mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments for complex mechanical engineering problems.
- Ability to design system, components, and process by meeting the constraints such as safety, public health and environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of appropriate mediums.
- Ability to identify problem and formulate solution in mechanical engineering.
- Ability to use modern engineering tools to solve mechanical engineering problems.
- Ability to perform effectively in team working environment.
- Recognize the need to undertake life-long learning and acquire the capacity to do so.
- Comprehend global perspective on social, cultural and environmental responsibilities aligned with professional codes of ethics.
- Comprehend the principles of sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of project management and finance principles.
PSO1: Ability to analyse and design physical systems and components using AUTOCAD, CATIA and ANSYS etc. software.
PSO2: To work professionally in manufacturing, design, thermal engineering and software industries.
Advanced Manufacturing Lab
Applied Fluid Mechanics Lab
Applied Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer Lab
Dynamics of Machines Lab
IC Engine Lab
Strength of Materials Lab
Eastern India Science and Engineering Fair 2016,
Best Project Award
2nd Runners up
Eastern India Science and Engineering Fair 2015,
Special Innovative Project Award
International Workshop 2015,
3rd Best Poster award
ISHRAE Zonal Quiz 2015
International Workshop 2015
Best Poster award
Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited, UK
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
Mahindra and Mahindra
Associate Professor and Dean (Research & Consultancy)
MBA (Business Analytics), Mechanical Engineering
B.Tech(Gold Medalist), M.E., Ph.D (Engg.)
Assistant Professor and HOD
2.5 years experience
B.Tech, M.E., Ph.D.(Pursuing)
11.5 years experience
B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D. (pursuing)
4.7 years experience