B. Voc Automobile Servicing
The vocational educational programme mainly focuses on Job specific Skills rather than the board or council based education. The main objective of this programme is to enable students to acquire skills and learn the fundamental technologies by engaging them in on-the-job training of the industry/organizations along with the theory classes in a academic scene. This programme has been initiated with the affiliation of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) and with approval of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), MHRD, Government of India.
Salient Features :
- Direct Admission – No need for any competitive exam rank
- Bachelors Degree in Specialized Skills
- Lucrative Job Opportunities in Public and Private Sector
- Provision of Higher Studies (M.Voc, MBA, MCA etc.)
3 years B.Voc Degree in Automobile Servicing under Automobile Engineering department in MCKV Institute of Engineering runs with a mission to impart knowledge, technical skills & hands on training in automobiles, focusing on heavy commercial vehicles, passenger cars and two & three wheelers segments. This course also covers Electric & Hybrid vehicles engineering concept, theory and applications. This programme is an outcome of industry/market needs and students demand. Degree programme in Automobile Servicing with more than 60% practical to make the students more employable and outshine their career. This programme is designed to introduce the students to the operation of today’s complex vehicles by giving them a comprehensive understanding from basic to advanced of various automotive systems like transmission, brakes, steering, suspension, electrical & electronics, and engine performance etc. Students under this programme will acquire the necessary skills to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and electronic control systems on the latest models of automobiles.
Vocational training programmes have been created with the aim of imparting industry-specific skills in students. These programmes are crafted in such a way that the students acquire skills, which will lead them to employment in the respective sector.
- The course is Approved by AICTE and affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT).
- The course is a three year programme and comprises of a combination of Practical and Theory subjects. This programme is divided into 6 semesters as 2 semesters per year.
- Automobile Engineering Department of MCKV Institute of Engineering will provide the classroom infrastructure and conduct the classes (both Theory and Practical).
- Industry collaborators / Training Partners viz. Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles, Bosch Limited, Logiczap Technologies (Electric Vehicle Division) etc. will provide the internship opportunities to the students.
- All the assessments and examinations will be conducted by the department of Automobile Engineering.
- Degree Certificate will be awarded by MCKV Institute of Engineering under the aegis of MAKAUT.
- Affordable Course Fees
- Hands-on Training to enhance professional skills
- Industry Collaborations
- Enhanced Employability Quotients
- 100% Placement Assistance
- Scope for future Entrepreneurship
- HS or Equivalent from any recognized board (any stream), OR
- ITI (minimum 2 years) after 10th, OR
- Diploma (3 years) after 10th
There shall be no age bar for admission.
- Servicing and maintenance of BS-VI vehicles / Automobiles
- Servicing and maintenance of two-wheeled electric vehicles / Automobiles
- Testing the performance of vehicle air conditioning systems
- Fault diagnosis and repair / replacement of the battery, vehicle electrical, and electronic component system.
- Service advisor / Supervisor / Workshop manager at automobile service center / dealer point
- Sales / Marketing Officer / Manager at automobile service center / dealer point
- Entrepreneurship – starting own automobile service center or sales and marketing unit of automobile components after completion of course.