MCKV Institute of Engineering (MCKVIE) is one of the most renowned academic institutions in West Bengal. It recently introduced a 2 year full-time course of MBA under the department of Management Science and Humanities(MSH). This course will allow students to develop skills and competencies that will make them industry-ready, and will enable them to lead organizations. The management program offered by MCKVIE will develop aspiring management professionals and enable them to efficiently manage operations, resources, systems, finance and marketing, thereby preparing them to make intelligent business decisions, streamline processes, and enhance organizational performances.
The department endeavours to create a unique identity by not only catering to students’ needs for enhancing linguistic skills and managerial acumen, but also by grooming them through personality development sessions, mock interviews, seminars, presentations, group discussions, and case studies.
The teachers encourage progressive and analytical thinking, with an aim to enhance professional competence and promote relevant managerial skills. The Management wing familiarizes learners with the necessity of human values and importance of corporate ethics, besides helping them with the regular curricula, which are in tune with the demands of the Industry. The department pays individual attention to each student and ensures that they collectively are ready for the dynamic professional spheres. It also regularly organizes seminars and workshops that are conducted by professionals, academicians, and even the alumni. These make students aware of the needs of the job market.
The department boasts of a state-of-the art English Communication Laboratory with all the modern facilities. Currently, the department comprises of experienced faculty members who are engaged in research and training activities.
To be recognized as a Centre of Excellence that endeavours to create a unique identity by not only catering to students’ needs for enhancing managerial acumen and soft skills, but also by grooming them holistically for success in professional life.
1. To encourage a teaching learning process for proper dissemination of knowledge leading to employability enhancement.
2. To make the students understand the role Language and Communication and Managerial Skills in the modern globalized world.
3. To develop theoretical knowledge of the students and make them skilled professionals by involving them in application- oriented activities like project works, internships, workshops, expert lecture sessions, seminars and other industry- oriented programs.
4. To instill desire and ability of lifelong learning and professional developments through self-study and continuous education to enable the students to meet changing societal demands for sustainable development.
MCKV Institute of Engineering now offers a 2-year Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree programme. It combines both core and specialization courses in the areas of Human Resource, Finance, Marketing, and Business Analytics. This programme educates students through syllabuses that are vetted and recommended highly by professionals from both the academic and corporate worlds. Thus, students are able to fully prepare themselves for the various challenges that exist in the industries, and eventually metamorphose into top-notch professionals in their individual domains.
• Four(4) Semester AICTE approved course with 106 credit points
• Eight weeks Summer Training after 2nd semester by Professional Organization(s)
• Option of choosing two functional specializations (one major and one minor) out of Finance, Marketing, HR and Business Analytics
• Exposure to the state of the art Data Analysis/Visualization tools such as Advanced Excel, R, Python and SPSS
• Bridge course in Mathematics, Accounts, MS Office and Basic English before the main course
• Orientation from industry experts to help develop solutions to real world business problems
• BRM Project to help students to have a clear understanding of the professional world with a research mindset
• Continuous evaluation system
• Classroom and experiential learning consisting of high-end assignments, lab exercises, case studies and integrated activities
• Personality Development sessions
• End semester Dissertation with Grand Viva
- Intake: 30
- Affiliation: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) formerly known as WBUT
- Approval: All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with a valid score in CAT / GMAT / MAT/ JEMAT / XAT / CMAT etc.
1. To gain contemporary knowledge of the Business Concepts and their application in problem solving.
2. To apply different tools for decision making required for solving complex managerial problems with a passion to innovate.
3. To develop leaders who are able to adapt to the needs of the dynamic; domestic and global Business contexts.
4. To develop students who are competent to take up independent entrepreneurial ventures.
5. To produce industry ready graduates having the highest ethical standards and concern for environment.
On completing the program successfully, the student will be able to :
PO-1: Develop knowledge in core areas of business based on current research and best practice.
PO-2: Utilize qualitative and quantitative methods for effective decision making and to overcome critical business challenges.
PO-3: Develop a world view that understands and appreciates a global cross-cultural business context.
PO-4: Identify new business opportunities and innovate at the workplace.
PO-5: Apply management practices in the context of societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues with a concern for the environment.
PO-6: Communicate effectively as a manager under different situations with all stakeholders.
PO-7: Demonstrate Leadership and Team work capabilities in multidisciplinary settings.
PO-8: Integrate ethical considerations while taking business decisions.
PO-9: Ability to conduct investigation of multidimensional business problems using research based knowledge and research methods to arrive at data driven decisions.
PO-10: Ability to identify entrepreneurial opportunities and leverage managerial & leadership skills for founding, leading & managing startups as well as professionalizing and growing family businesses.
PO-11: Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development and assess the impact of managerial decisions and business priorities on the societal, economic and environmental aspects.
PO-12: Engage in independent and life-long learning and take up challenging assignments for self.
PSO : MARKETING
Competency in Managing Marketing and interdisciplinary courses, equipped with classical & contemporary frameworks to analyze, conceptualize and develop marketing strategy in a creative, ethical & sustainable business environment.
PSO : FINANCE
Professionally equipped with business, people and leadership skills to understand and implement knowledge associated with financial markets, services, institutions, instruments, corporate & personal finance.
PSO : HRM
Professional competencies in managing Human Resource and allied field with an ability to develop Organizational Policies, Processes, Evaluation Techniques in accordance with contemporary legal framework in accordance with national & global perspective.
PSO : BUSINESS ANALYTICS
Professionally competent to apply data analytical techniques, understand quantitative and qualitative tools, work on utilizing statistical data, visualization of data to navigate and solve problems in the business environment.
MBA offers an excellent professional start and leads to an extensive scope for professional improvement and competencies. Experienced specialists take up MBA courses to make a shift in their profession. MBA courses offer scope for a progressive outlook. Nowadays a degree in MBA or Masters in Business Administration is the path of choice for many aspirants. Some of the reasons why aspirants consider pursuing an MBA degree is to :
• Get a salary jump
• Get a promotion
• Change work profile
• Enhance knowledge
• Ensure better networking
• Add value to one’s CV
• Become an entrepreneur or start your own business
Career Opportunity after MBA in Marketing
One of the most sought-after MBA specializations is Marketing and the primary reason for this is that there is never a dearth of job opportunities after completing MBA in Sales and Marketing course.
MBA course in Sales and Marketing opens up job opportunities for aspirants in industries such as retail, banking, hospitality, media, and the likes. Some popular job profiles that aspirants can pursue after completing an MBA in Sales and Marketing are listed below :
• Brand Manager
• Marketing Manager
• Market Research Analyst
• Sales Manager
• Product Manager
• Media Planner
• Internet Marketing Manager
Career Opportunity after MBA in Finance
Another very popular MBA specialization is in Finance. In this MBA course, aspirants can specialize in fields such as – International Finance, Taxation, Tax Planning, Investment Management, Insurance Management as well as Financial Statement Reporting and Analysis. Some popular job profiles that aspirants can pursue after completing an MBA course in Finance are listed below :
• Financial Manager/Analyst
• Credit Analyst
• Accounting Manager
• Risk and Insurance Manager
• Finance Manager
• Cash Manager
Career Opportunity after MBA in HR
After completing an MBA degree in HR, aspirants can consider joining as an HR executive at a firm in the Manufacturing Sector, BPO/IT, Corporate sector, Service sector, Education sector, Banking sector, and the likes. An HR professional is involved in the process of recruiting, orienting, training as well as appraising employees of a company/organization.
Candidates who work at the profile of an HR manager perform tasks related to the organizational structure, motivations, morals, and overall employee engagement. After completing an MBA course in HR, one can kick-start their career as an HR Generalist or HR Specialist.
Tasks allocated to an HR Generalist include :
• Training and Development
• Employee Benefits
• Coordination with Employees
• Payroll Management
• Managing Competition
Career Opportunity after MBA in Business Analytics
Business Analytics is a rising trend today. An MBA in Business Analytics opens up job opportunities in various industries including government, education, finance, and software development. And this list of sectors will keep expanding in the coming years.
This is because you will have an in-depth knowledge of survey software, apply various types of data analytics, develop data visualization skills, and more. So, after you pursue an MBA in Business Analytics, you can go for the job designations mentioned below.
• Financial Analyst
• Supply Chain Analyst
• Management Consultant
• Predictive Modeller
• Business Systems Analyst
Cloudkaptan Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd
KPMG Global Services
McKinsey Global Services India Pvt. Limited
Cartesian Consulting Pvt. Ltd
Ernst & Young Global Limited
Manikaran Power Ltd
Derewala Industries Ltd
Ralson India Ltd
Hawkins Cookers Ltd
Gamut Infosystems Ltd
Paperpedia Pvt. Ltd
La Exactlly Software Pvt. Limited
Eidikos Academic Solutions
Collabera Services Pvt. Ltd
Peryton Securities Consultants Pvt. Limited (PeryCap)
|and many more…|
- Anwesha Manna of MBA in Business Analytics stream of Management Science and Humanities Department received a special mention and certificate for writing a blog in Blog-Volution organized by The Start Up Club by MCKVIE in collaboration with Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre of MCKVIE on November 2021.
- Mahasweta Chakraborty of MBA in Business Analytics stream of Management Science and Humanities department have received specially dedicated certificates from both HR and Marketing manager for outstanding performance in the Internship of Universal Tribes in September-October 2021.
- Ankita Basak of MBA in Business Analytics stream of Management Science and Humanities Department have become a certified professional on Neo4j software for scoring outstanding marks in the concerned test in July 2021.
Faculty Members Serving MBA
Assistant Professor, MBA(Business Analytics)
MBA in Strategic Management from Sauder School of Business, University of British Colombia, Canada; MS in Engineering from University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Assistant Professor and HOD
B.Com, M.Com, MBA(Finance and Marketing), Pursuing Ph.D, NET Qualified(Management)
Associate Professor and Dean (Research & Consultancy)
B.Tech(Gold Medalist), M.E., Ph.D (Engg.)