- Academic Calendar 2013
- Departments and Programs
- Labs and Facilities
- University Toppers
- Campus Life
- Press & Media
Institute’s Admission procedure for 2013-14 will be held on and from 26/07/13 to 29/07/13 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day.
As per directive of the AICTE under National Ragging Prevention Project, all the aspirant candidates along with their parents/guardians are advised to go to the website WWW.ANTIRAGGING.IN or WWW.AMANMOVEMENT.ORG, fill up and submit the Affidavits online and take a printout of the submitted Affidavits (both student & parent) and submit the same to the Institute Officials while taking their admission in MCKVIE during 26th July to 29th July, 2013.
Ragging is neither a ritual nor a custom in campus life. It is a punishable criminal offence. MCKVIE strongly discourages ragging and stringent action is taken against offenders. New students are welcome to join MCKVIE without any fear or apprehension.
According to The West Bengal Prohibition of Ragging in Educational Institutions Act 2000
“Ragging” means the doing of any act which causes, or is likely to cause, any physical, psychological or physiological harm or apprehension or shame or embarrassment to a student, and includes –
- teasing or abusing of, playing practical joke on, or causing hurt to, any student, or
- asking any student to do any act, or perform anything, which he would not, in the ordinary course, be willing to do or perform;
and “student” means a student who has been prosecuting his studies in an educational institution.
(1): Ragging within an educational institution is hereby prohibited.
(2): No person shall participate in, abet, or propagate, ragging in any educational institution.
Explanation: For the purposes of this section, educational institution shall include–
- the premises or the campus of the educational institution, or
- the hall, that is to say, the unit of residence of students maintained by the educational institution, if any, or
- the hostel, that is to say, the unit of residence for students, if any , not maintained by the educational institution but recognized under any law for the time being in force.
Section 4: Whoever contravenes the provisions of section 3 shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine which may extend to five thousand rupees, or with both.
Section 5: If any student is convicted of an offence punishable under section 4, he shall be dismissed from the educational institution in which he has been prosecuting his studies for the time being, and shall not be re-admitted to that educational institution.
Section 6: Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this Act, where a student complains of ragging by any other student to the head of the educational institution or to any other person responsible for the management of the educational institution, such head of the educational institution or person responsible for the management of the educational institution shall forthwith inquire into the complaint and if, on such enquiry, the complaint is found to be true, he shall expel the student, who has committed the offence, from the educational institution.
The Supreme Court Verdict against ragging
- Ragging in any form is a criminal offence and hence the ragging offenders to be treated by Police and the Court of Law, on a par with any other criminal under Indian Penal Code.
- Once, after probe, the accused is charge sheeted by the police, courts will fast track the ragging cases.
- Consequently, ragging offenders to be given stern and exemplary punishment. One such punishment will be summary expulsion from the institute and forfeiture of future claim for admission elsewhere.
News and Features
- Engineering Students (CSE & ECE) of our Institute won the 1st Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- Electronics & Communication Engineering students of our Institute won Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- Engineering Students (AUE & ECE) of our Institute won Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- MCKVIE-Eicher Center of Automotive Technology was inaugurated by Dr. Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay, Honb’le Minister In Charge, Science and Technology, Govt. of West Bengal on 10th May at 11:00 AM
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Students of our Institute won the Consolation Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2012
Upcoming EventsJan18Satall-day National Conference on Advanced Computing, Modeling and Simulation @ MCKV Institute of EngineeringNational Conference on Advanced … @ MCKV Institute of EngineeringJan 18 – Jan 19 all-dayhttp://www.mckvie.edu.in/ncacms_2014