Swami Vivekananda Centre for Positive Thinking (SVCPT)
- Official email id of the center : firstname.lastname@example.org
One Day Value Education & Positive Thinking Seminar
Date of Event : 20 th August 2017, Sunday
Assignment on Value Education : Click here to download.
SVGEP -Type B material : “Life and Work of Swami Vivekananda” : Click here to download.
About the Centre
Swami Vivekananda Centre for Positive Thinking, the first centre in West Bengal, an initiative of MCKVIE faculties, staff members & students with the active advice of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University Belur Math is dedicated to orient the students, faculties & staff members of the college through teachings, life giving thoughts and philosophy of Swami Vivekananda.
The seed planted and watered with the selfless efforts of many students and faculties, transformed into a formal form in the hallowed name of Swami Vivekananda on 10th January 2011 with the inaugural talk by Swami Atmapriyananda, Vice Chancellor of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University and Swami Bhaveshananda.
- To Provide Guided Meditation
- To Provide Personal Counselling
- To Organise Seminars
- To Organise Youth Programme
- To Run a separate Library of containing more than 850 value education books
Weekly classes are usually conducted on Wednesdays & Saturdays at the C Block, Room Number 104 usually at 4:00 pm.
Talks are delivered by monks of the Sri Ramakrishna Order, and by eminent Professors, Doctors and Social Workers.
- Chanting of Shanti Mantras
- A brief session of guided meditation
- Reading from the book on Sri Ramakrishna, Ma Sarada Devi & Swami Vivekananda
- Talk on the day’s chosen topic
- Question and Answer session
- Issue/Return of Vivekananda Centre library books
Membership to the centre is free and everyone is welcome to join in.
Photos of 7th June Seminar and Felicitation of SVCPT Members by Managing Trustee on 12-10-2014