B. Voc Automotive Manufacturing Technology
The vocational educational programme mainly focuses on Job specific Skills rather than the board or council based education. The main objective of this programme is to enable students to acquire skills and learn the fundamental technologies by engaging them in on-the-job training of the industry/organizations along with the theory classes in a academic scene. This programme has been initiated with the affiliation of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) and with approval of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), MHRD, Government of India.
Salient Features :
- Direct Admission – No need for any competitive exam rank
- Bachelors Degree in Specialized Skills
- Lucrative Job Opportunities in Public and Private Sector
- Provision of Higher Studies (M.Voc, MBA, MCA etc.)
Indian automotive industry contributes 6.4 percent to GDP, around 35 percent to manufacturing GDP, supports over 8 million jobs directly (OEMs, suppliers, and dealers), and as many as 30 million more in the value chain. Presently, a large number of trained manpower is required in OEMs and auto ancillaries to support the manufacturing of new generation vehicles operating with BS-VI Technology. Govt of India is aiming to become the largest manufacturer of two and three-wheeler electric vehicles and cars which ensures a surge in demand for trained manpower.
To cater to that ever-increasing need of the automotive industry, B.Voc in Automotive Manufacturing Technology is aiming to produce skilled individuals in specific domains of conventional and computer-aided machining, welding technology, computer-aided design, material testing, etc. along with providing in-depth knowledge of automotive technology (two, three and four-wheelers) and manufacturing technology and management. The inclusion of advanced topics like Mechatronics, Rapid Prototyping, and Reverse Engineering, Agile and Lean Manufacturing will necessarily increase the employability of an individual in the modern automotive industry.
- The course is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT).
- The course is a three year programme and comprises of a combination of Practical and Theory courses. This programme is divided into 6 semesters as 2 semesters per year.
- Automobile Engineering Department of MCKV Institute of Engineering will provide the classroom infrastructure and conduct the classes (both Theory and Practical).
- Industry collaborators / Training Partners viz. Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles, Bosch Limited, Logiczap Technologies (Electric Vehicle Division) etc. will provide the internship opportunities to the students.
- All the assessments and examinations will be conducted by the department of Automobile Engineering.
- Degree Certificate will be awarded by MCKV Institute of Engineering under the aegis of MAKAUT.
Intake Capacity: 30
- Affordable Course Fees
- Hands-on Training to enhance professional skills
- Industry Collaborations
- Enhanced Employability Quotients
- 100% Placement Assistance
- Scope for future Entrepreneurship
- HS or Equivalent from any recognized board (any stream), OR
- Diploma (3 years) after 10th
There shall be no age bar for admission.
- Conventional and computer-aided machining for automotive components
- Welding Technology required for automotive manufacturing
- Computer-aided design of automotive components using AUTOCAD / CATIA
- Maintenance of two, three, four-wheeler automobiles
- Testing of electric vehicles
- Management of an automotive manufacturing unit
- Floor Supervisor / Technician / quality engineer / automobile component designer / executive and managerial positions at Automobile Manufacturing industries
- Floor Supervisor / Technician / quality engineer / automobile component designer / executive and managerial positions at Auto component manufacturing units / auto ancillaries
- Entrepreneurship – starting own manufacturing unit after completion of course