- Academic Calendar 2013
- Departments and Programs
- Labs and Facilities
- Campus Life
- Press & Media
MCKVIE is the proud recipient of World Bank fund TEQIP II sub component 1.1
To improve quality of education in selected engineering institutions, World Bank initiated a project based funding named as TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme) sometimes back. The phase II of the Project named as TEQIP – II started in 2010 where a no of colleges (more than 300 engineering colleges) of India participated. The final result is out recently where MCKV Institute of Engineering, Howrah is one of the only three proud recipients (Private unaided engineering college category) of West Bengal where Rs 4 Crores World Bank Fund will be utilized for the welfare of students during next 4 years under TEQIP -II, Sub-Comp 1.1. The fund will be channelized through Ministry of Human Resource Development Govt. of India. The main objective of this project is to improve Learning Outcomes and to improve Employability of Graduates.
To improve the competencies of undergraduates, we at MCKVIE have formulated some roadmaps where the World Bank funding will be utilized. Out of total 4 Crores, 60% will be Central Govt. Contribution, 20% State Govt. Contribution and institutional contribution will be 20%.
The budget of 4 Crores in total will be utilized under the following headings:
- Obtaining autonomous institution status as per UGC norms within 2 years
- Updating of learning resources including digitization of library books
- Starting new PG programmes & Doctoral Programmes
- New Laboratory for new PG Programmes
- Providing Teaching/ Research Assistantship
- Faculty and Staff development for improved competence based on TNA
- Enhanced interaction with industry
- Institutional management capacity enhancement
- Implementation of institutional reforms – both Academic & Non- academic
- Academic support for weak students
- Incremental operating cost
During this next four years of time MCKVIE will undergo re-structuring of academic and administrative procedures which will include setting up of a dedicated HR department; creating, reviewing and revamping the structure of academic administration; equipping labs with cutting-edge technology to enable students and faculty to take industrial projects, creating a unit for Postgraduate and Research studies, and enhancing organization effectiveness and visibility. These activities will definitely strengthen the standing of MCKVIE in engineering education and students will be benefitted enormously.
News and Features
- Engineering Students (CSE & ECE) of our Institute won the 1st Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- Electronics & Communication Engineering students of our Institute won Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- Engineering Students (AUE & ECE) of our Institute won Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- MCKVIE-Eicher Center of Automotive Technology was inaugurated by Dr. Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay, Honb’le Minister In Charge, Science and Technology, Govt. of West Bengal on 10th May at 11:00 AM
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Students of our Institute won the Consolation Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2012
There are no upcoming events.