- Academic Calendar 2013
- Departments and Programs
- Labs and Facilities
- University Toppers
- Campus Life
- Press & Media
MCKV INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING
243,G.T. Road (N), Liluah, Howrah- 711 204
As per notification of AICTE (Ref. No. 37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 dtd. 01.07.2009 and also as per the UGC regulation on ‘Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009’ (Ref.No. F1-16/2007 (CPP-II) dated 17th June, 2009), ‘ragging’ both inside and outside the campus is strictly prohibited
WHAT CONSTITUTES RAGGING
In exercise of the jurisdiction conferred by Article 32 and Article 142 of the Constitution of India, Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
1. Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
2. Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
3. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
4. Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
5. Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
6. Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
7. Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
8. Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
9. Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
PUNISHMENT AGAINST RAGGING
As per notification dated 01.07.2009 of All India Council for Technical Education (Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in Technical Institutions, Universities including deemed to be Universities imparting Technical Education) Regulations, 2009, the punishment for those found guilty of ragging at the Institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
1. Cancellation of admission
2. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
3. Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/free-studentship and other
4. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
5. Withholding results
6. Debarring from representing the Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
7. Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel
8. Rustication from the Institution for period ranging from one to four semesters
9. Expulsion from the Institution and consequently debarring from admission to any other Institution
10. Fine of Rs.25,000/-
11. Collective punishment: When the person committing or abetting the crime of ragging is not identified, the Institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
If any student(s) is (are) found involved in such activity or if any complain in this regard is received against a student/group of students, the student(s) concerned will be summarily suspended and after investigation may be expelled from the college.
If any passed out student(s) is (are) found involved in such activity or any complain is received in this regard against a passed out student/group of passed out students, then such complain may be forwarded to the employer of the concerned student(s).
Prof. (Dr) Parasar Bandyopadhyay
For emergency, student may contact Principal/Vice-Principal/Registrar with the following Phone numbers.
Emergency Contact No. :
1) Prof. (Dr) Parasar Bandyopadhyay, Principal : 9830478905
2) Prof. (Dr) Tirthankar Datta, Vice Principal : 9830081806
3) Mr. Debabrata Bishayee, Registrar : 9474001060
News and Features
- Engineering Students (CSE & ECE) of our Institute won the 1st Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- Electronics & Communication Engineering students of our Institute won Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- Engineering Students (AUE & ECE) of our Institute won Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- MCKVIE-Eicher Center of Automotive Technology was inaugurated by Dr. Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay, Honb’le Minister In Charge, Science and Technology, Govt. of West Bengal on 10th May at 11:00 AM
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Students of our Institute won the Consolation Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2012
Upcoming EventsJan18Satall-day National Conference on Advanced Computing, Modeling and Simulation @ MCKV Institute of EngineeringNational Conference on Advanced … @ MCKV Institute of EngineeringJan 18 – Jan 19 all-dayhttp://www.mckvie.edu.in/ncacms_2014Mar20Thuall-day International Conference on Computing, Communication & ManufacturingInternational Conference on Com…Mar 20 – Mar 22 all-dayICCCM 2014