- Academic Calendar 2013
- Departments and Programs
- Labs and Facilities
- Campus Life
- Press & Media
Mechanical Engineering continues to be one of the most pioneering branches of core engineering studies in the world. Over the years, it has strengthened itself with the study and use of latest technologies and innovations. It has always been an evergreen branch of engineering, one which offers numerous job opportunities to students in all the industrial segments which are considered to be the most stable job-generators in the corporate world.
Mechanical Engineering Department was established in the year 2008. By that time we had the experience of very successfully conducting the Automobile Engineering course for seven years. Our faculty members are intellectual leaders in their respective fields of research, and we offer our students the opportunity to work one-to-one with the faculty in advancing the frontiers of knowledge.
We were ready for the Mechanical Engineering course with well equipped laboratories and workshops. The department is committed to the well being and all round development of its students by providing a stimulating environment for the healthy development and free exchange of ideas. Our aim is to prepare students to become top-notch Mechanical Engineers with thorough knowledge both in theory as well as practical skills. We prepare them with the objective of fulfilling the needs of leading positions in industry, academia and government sectors in India and abroad.
Intake Capacity: 60 [80% students are admitted from WBJEE, 10% from AIEEE, 10% from Management Quota] + 3 students are from TFW Quota
Additional 12 Students are admitted in 3rd Semester through JELET.
News and Features
- Engineering Students (CSE & ECE) of our Institute won the 1st Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- Electronics & Communication Engineering students of our Institute won Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- Engineering Students (AUE & ECE) of our Institute won Special Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2013
- MCKVIE-Eicher Center of Automotive Technology was inaugurated by Dr. Rabiranjan Chattopadhyay, Honb’le Minister In Charge, Science and Technology, Govt. of West Bengal on 10th May at 11:00 AM
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Students of our Institute won the Consolation Prize in Science & Engineering Fair 2012
There are no upcoming events.